Terrace Little Theatre Society is a non-profit Registered Charity, made up of a diverse group of volunteers with a long history of providing quality theatre to the community. In fact, we are the longest continuous-running theatre group in BC.
In 1953, Terrace Little Theatre staged its premier production of "Father of the Bride". Over the next 20 years, TLT became a mainstay of the community, using rehearsal space at the Terrace Hotel and performing in the Civic Centre. When both those facilities burned down in the early 70's, TLT rehearsals were moved to E.T. Kenney Elementary School and performances were held on the Skeena School gym stage. Then, in 1975, using a provincial government grant of $28,000, the TLT purchased the Zion Baptist Church at the foot of Skeenaview Hill for $42,000. We had a home! In the early 80's under threat of losing that home, Merry Hallsor (nee McColl) mounted a fund raising campaign to make the building truly ours. In 1988 a unanimous decision renamed the Terrace Little Theatre building the McColl Playhouse to honour and recognize the McColl family, founding members of TLT.